MADISON, Wis. - According to a police report, a downtown Madison resident was awakened early Sunday morning as a burglar reached into her home through a window screen he cut.
The victim had left a window cracked for fresh air, and grabbed onto the criminal's arm. The intruder pulled his arm back and fled from the home. He was reported as being white; around 5 feet 6 inches tall with a slender build.
A short time later the same morning, another building resident returned home to find his unit burglarized. Electronics and money were among items taken. He told police that he had left a door unlocked. A police dog arrived to track the burglar, but no suspect was found.
- GOP Legislature calls redistricting ruling 'dangerous'
- Crazylegs run/walk to close many downtown streets Saturday
- Dane County to acquire 130 acres along Yahara River
- 4 juveniles suspected of damaging maliboxes in rural Portage, Pardeeville areas
- 2 on moped injured in downtown Madison crash, officials say
- Baldwin encourages U.S. Dept. of Ag secretary to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers