TOWN OF CHRISTIANA, Wis. - Two men died and a woman was transported by MedFlight after a two-vehicle crash Tuesday at the corner of Highways 73 and PQ, according to a release.
A preliminary investigation indicates that a 2002 black Acura sedan was traveling westbound on Highway PQ when it ran the stop sign at Highway 73 and was struck by a 2008 blue Ford F-250 that was southbound on Highway 73, according to the release.
Joseph L. Kleiman, 20, of Schaumburg, Ill., and Mahatkumar, 20, of Hanover Park, Ill., were pronounced dead at the scene, according to the Dane County Medical Examiner Office. Both men died from injuries sustained in the crash.
The 62-year-old female driver of the Ford truck, from Illinois, was transported by MedFlight to UW Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries, officials said.
The driver of the Ford truck and the passenger of the Acura were wearing seat belts, according to the release. The driver of the Acura was not wearing his seat belt.
Highway 73 was closed in both directions between Highway 12 and Koshkonong Road from 5-9 p.m. while deputies investigated the scene.
The crash remains under investigation.
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes