TOWN OF JANESVILLE, Wis. - A man and woman were injured when their vehicle ended up on its roof in what deputies suspect was an OWI crash.
Emergency crews were called to North Rock River Road near West Sunny Shore Drive in the town of Janesville at 3:53 p.m. Sunday for a report of a single-vehicle crash, according to a release from the Rock County Sheriff's Office.
Investigators said a vehicle driven by Mark Brummond, 46, of Janesville, was traveling south on North River Road when he lost control trying to negotiate some corners. The vehicle struck a guard rail and rolled onto its roof.
Brummond and his passenger, Tammy Johnson, 44, of Westminster, Colorado, both suffered non-life-threatening injuries.
Investigators said they suspect speed and impairment were factors in the crash.
Brummond was arrested on suspicion of fourth-offense operating while intoxicated and OWI causing injury. He was cited for operating without insurance and unreasonable and imprudent speed.
- Wisconsin man among families suing government to identify remains of unknown soldiers
- Montello man sentenced after sexually abusing a 14-year-old
- Montello man charged with repeated sexual assault of 14-year-old
- Fatal plane crash in Sheboygan County
- Plane crashes in field in Sheboygan County
- Man dies after smoking synthetic pot