TOWN OF DECATUR, Wis. - A man and woman from Illinois were sent to the hospital after a motorcycle crash in Green County, according to the sheriff's office.
Deputies said a motorcycle driven by Robert D. Berg, 41, of Loves Park, Ill., was traveling north on County Road E near Saint John Road in the town of Decatur when he lost control of the motorcycle while negotiating a curve. The motorcycle left the right side of the highway and collided with a deep ditch, ejecting Berg and his passenger, Denise L. Berg, 42, according to deputies.
Both were taken to a Janesville hospital.
Deputies said operator experience and speed contributed to the crash.
Robert Berg was cited on suspicion of going too fast for conditions.
- Shirtless female toddler on splash pad sparks debate
- Teacher confesses to sex with student in classroom
- Madison police find bullet in apartment on Russett Road
- Madison police investigate shots fired, crash
- Madison police investigating armed robbery at Oakcrest Tavern
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam