TOWN OF SPRING GROVE, Wis. - Two people were injured when three vehicles collided on a Green County highway Thursday afternoon, according to the Green County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies said the crash occurred at 5:45 p.m. in the W1700 block of State Highway 11/81 in the town of Spring Grove when a motorist didn't notice two vehicles ahead of him slowing for a vehicle turning into a driveway.
The driver of the first vehicle, George S. Ferger, 81, of Clinton, and his three passengers reported seat belt use and no injuries.
The driver of the second vehicle, Stephanie J. Kelly, 39, of South Beloit, Ill., was taken to a hospital for treatment of non-life-threatening injuries. Deputies said she was wearing a seat belt, and both Kelly and Ferger slowed for the turning vehicle.
Deputies said the driver of the third vehicle, Kyle Williams, 20, of Brodhead, didn't notice the vehicles slowing and was unable to avoid a collision with Kelly's vehicle, which was forced into Ferger's vehicle.
Williams was taken to a hospital for treatment of non-life-threatening injuries and was cited on suspicion of inattentive driving, according to deputies.
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement