MADISON, Wis. - A man and woman from Madison were hospitalized with extensive injuries after a motorcycle crash Friday afternoon.
Madison police said the 53-year-old motorcyclist laid his bike down in the 500 block of North Franklin Street injuring him and his 53-year-old female passenger.
The motorcyclist told police he lost control when he veered to miss a car that was pulling out of a parking space. The motorcycle slid on its side before crashing into a stop sign pole, according to police.
The injuries to the motorcycle driver and passenger are not believed to be life-threatening.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land