WISCONSIN DELLS, Wis. - Two giraffes died in a fire at a wildlife park in Wisconsin Dells Sunday, according to Wisconsin Dells police.
A caller reported a burning building at the Timbavati Wildlife Park at 2220 Wisconsin Dells Parkway at 5:57 p.m.
Kilbourn firefighters arrived to find the giraffe enclosure building fully engulfed.
Two four-year-old giraffes died in the fire and the building was destroyed, according to police.
Police said they have no reason to believe the fire is suspicious. They're trying to determine the cause of the fire.
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart