WISCONSIN DELLS, Wis. - Two giraffes died in a fire at a wildlife park in Wisconsin Dells Sunday, according to Wisconsin Dells police.
A caller reported a burning building at the Timbavati Wildlife Park at 2220 Wisconsin Dells Parkway at 5:57 p.m.
Kilbourn firefighters arrived to find the giraffe enclosure building fully engulfed.
Two four-year-old giraffes died in the fire and the building was destroyed, according to police.
Police said they have no reason to believe the fire is suspicious. They're trying to determine the cause of the fire.
- Circus World director 'optimistic' in wake of Ringling Bros. shutdown
- Missing Beloit man found dead
- Billion dollar company plans for joint venture
- Superior boat builder secures $6M contract for Texas project
- Man suffers serious injuries in snowmobile rollover
- Janesville police looking for accused Target thief