MIDDLETON, Wis. - Extra patrols in Middleton over the St. Partrick's Day holiday led to more than 50 traffic stops over the weekend, and two people facing felony drug charges.
Middleton police pulled the two men over around 2:30 a.m. Saturday in the 2000 block of Allen Boulevard.
Denneil Acklin, 33, of Sun Prairie, faces charges of cocaine and marijuana possession with intent to deliver following a traffic stop.
Anthony Hall, 29, of Middleton also faces charges of marijuana possession with intent to deliver.
In addition to those arrests, police issued 67 other citations to other drivers as part of extra patrols, including charges of operating while intoxicated, open intoxicants and underage drinking.
- Woman accused of stabbing acquaintance turns herself in to police
- Victim tells police man who stabbed him frequently ‘mooches' from him
- Remains of 3 Ohio plane crash victims identified
- 29-year-old man dies from injuries suffered in Beloit fire
- Suspended UW-Madison student wants sex charges dismissed
- Medical center closes while DEA investigates