MIDDLETON, Wis. - Extra patrols in Middleton over the St. Partrick's Day holiday led to more than 50 traffic stops over the weekend, and two people facing felony drug charges.
Middleton police pulled the two men over around 2:30 a.m. Saturday in the 2000 block of Allen Boulevard.
Denneil Acklin, 33, of Sun Prairie, faces charges of cocaine and marijuana possession with intent to deliver following a traffic stop.
Anthony Hall, 29, of Middleton also faces charges of marijuana possession with intent to deliver.
In addition to those arrests, police issued 67 other citations to other drivers as part of extra patrols, including charges of operating while intoxicated, open intoxicants and underage drinking.
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart