TOWN OF UNION, Wis. - The Rock County Sheriff's Department said a 19-year-old woman was killed in a two-car crash north of Evansville Thursday afternoon.
Elizabeth Proctor of Evansville was going north on U.S. Highway 14 when she lost control of her car and crossed the centerline.
Her car was broadsided by a car going southbound on 14 before being forced into a snow bank.
Proctor was pronounced dead at the scene by Acting Coroner Louis Smit. The two people in the other car were taken to Mercy Hospital in Janesville. The driver refused medical treatment and, the passenger was treated and released.
Deputies said poor road conditions were a contributing factor in the crash.
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash injures 3
- Man arrested on suspicion of 4th OWI
- Former president George H.W. Bush hospitalized
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap