TOWN OF UNION, Wis. - The Rock County Sheriff's Department said a 19-year-old woman was killed in a two-car crash north of Evansville Thursday afternoon.
Elizabeth Proctor of Evansville was going north on U.S. Highway 14 when she lost control of her car and crossed the centerline.
Her car was broadsided by a car going southbound on 14 before being forced into a snow bank.
Proctor was pronounced dead at the scene by Acting Coroner Louis Smit. The two people in the other car were taken to Mercy Hospital in Janesville. The driver refused medical treatment and, the passenger was treated and released.
Deputies said poor road conditions were a contributing factor in the crash.
- Garrison Keillor coming to Breese Stevens Field
- Gun pointed at driver during road rage incident, deputies say
- Wisconsin family rescued from wave that throws them into tide pool
- New Zealand: Janesville doctor must pay for deadly crash
- Police: Crash leads to 4th OWI arrest
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street