BEAVER DAM, Wis. - Two armed men robbed an Auto Zone store wearing black ski masks and black hooded sweatshirts Tuesday, according to the Beaver Dam Police Department.
Police responded to the store at 1632 N. Spring St. 9:01 p.m. for a report of an armed robbery.
One of the men was armed with a shotgun and the other with a handgun and they ordered the clerks to the ground, according to police.
One of the employees was taken to a hospital for non-life-threatening injuries after getting into a struggle with one of the men who struck the employee in the head with the gun, police said.
Witnesses told police the men fled with an undisclosed amount of cash east on Seippel Boulevard in a newer silver or gray SUV with newer style tail lamps.
A shotgun used by the robbers was recovered at the scene.
Police believe the men are in their mid-20s.
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says