MILTON, Wis. - A semi landed on its side in Milton after the driver tried to negotiate a roundabout too quickly, according to the Rock County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to the roundabout at Highway 59 and County Road M at 12:11 a.m. on Wednesday for a report of a rollover. The first responders on the scene found the semi-tractor and trailer on its passenger side in the middle of Highway 59.
Investigators said the driver, Robert Russell, 53, of Chicago, was traveling too fast to make the roundabout, causing his load to shift and the tractor and trailer to roll over.
Russell was found standing in the cab of the semi-tractor. He was extricated and taken to Mercy Hospital and Trauma Center for treatment of minor injuries, according to deputies.
Russell was also cited on suspicion of driving too fast for conditions.
Highway 59 was closed several hours while the contents of the trailer were transferred to another trailer. The road will remain shut down between Highway 26 and High Street through July 26 for previously scheduled construction work.20917054
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- Find of device that looked like military mortar causes scare
- Lawyers for man charged in killing accuse victim's boyfriend