EAU CLAIRE, Wis. - The driver of a truck has been arrested in a crash that killed a passenger in Eau Claire County.
Forty-year-old Nicholas Neuenfeldt, of Boyd, died last Friday when the truck hit a power pole near Augusta. The driver was injured in the crash that temporarily knocked out power in the area.
WEAU-TV reported sheriff's officials are recommending charges of homicide by intoxicated use of a vehicle and homicide by negligent use of a vehicle.
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two