JANESVILLE, Wis. - Janesville firefighters were able to confine damage caused by a truck fire to the garage it was parked in Monday night.
Firefighters were called to 19 Sunset Drive for a report of a truck on fire in a garage. The first crew on scene reported heavy black smoke coming from the truck and the garage.
The truck's owner said he tried to put the fire out with a fire extinguisher while his wife called 911. He told firefighters he saw the fire under the dash in the cab in the 2011 Ford F-250.
The truck sustained fire, heat and water damage. The house was 20 feet from the garage and was not damaged.
The total damage from the fire is estimated at $95,000.19 Sunset Drive, Janesville
- Local woman shares warning after credit card theft
- Bond reduced in UW-Stout student death case
- Madison police make arrest in downtown robbery
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving