TOWN OF ROME, Wis. - A town of Rome man was pronounced dead at the scene when his truck was found crashed into a large tree, according to a release from the Rome Police Department.
Police were called to the 200 block of County Road Z at 12:46 p.m. Thursday for a report of a crash.
Officers said when they arrived they found a Chevrolet Colorado pickup truck crashed into a tree. A man in the truck was not breathing and had no pulse, police said.
David C. Friedbauer, 74, was pronounced dead at the scene. Police said he was not wearing a seat belt.
The town of Rome Fire Department, town of Rome Highway Department, Nekoosa Ambulance and Adams County Medical Examiner's Office assisted at the scene.
- Man suffers ‘incapacitating injury' in Grant County crash, deputies say
- Surveillance video shows burglars breaking into Madison cellphone store
- Records show little GOP feedback to state education plan
- Lincoln Hills psychologist dismissed
- Kenosha teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online