ELGIN, Ill. - Two burglary suspects have led police on a more than 100-mile car chase through northern Illinois and over the Wisconsin state line. Wisconsin State Highway Patrol officers used spike strips stop the suspects' vehicle near the border of Racine and Kenosha counties.
The chase began when the suspects fled from police who were responding to a reported burglary at a Sam's Club store in the Chicago suburb of Elgin.
Elgin Police Cmdr. Glenn Theriault said the suspects' pickup truck struck two of the police officers, who had to be treated for leg injuries.
The Chicago Sun-Times reported that the chase ended early Saturday in Wisconsin when that state's highway patrol officers got involved and stretched tire spikes across the road.
The newspaper reported that both men are being held in Wisconsin until charges can be filed.
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral