MILWAUKEE - The nation's top amateur triathletes will compete in Milwaukee during the next two summers.
Milwaukee has been selected for the 2013 and 2014 USA Triathlon Age Group National Championships.
The two-day event includes the Olympic-Distance National Championship and the Sprint National Championship.
The Olympic-distance race features a 1,500-meter swim in Lake Michigan, 40-kilometer bike and 10-kilometer run. The sprint race is comprised of a 750-meter swim, 20-kilometer bike and 5-kilometer run. The bike and run would be held in downtown Milwaukee.
The 2013 event is slated for Aug. 10-11.
In 2012 event was held in Vermont, where there were a record total of more than 3,500 registered competitors.
- UW-Madison chosen to test autonomous vehicles
- Woman pinned in van after crash with ambulance on Hwy. 12
- Increase in garage burglaries reported in Sun Prairie
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child in Wis. arrested in NY
- Two men charged with armed robbery in Monroe
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter