MILWAUKEE - The nation's top amateur triathletes will compete in Milwaukee during the next two summers.
Milwaukee has been selected for the 2013 and 2014 USA Triathlon Age Group National Championships.
The two-day event includes the Olympic-Distance National Championship and the Sprint National Championship.
The Olympic-distance race features a 1,500-meter swim in Lake Michigan, 40-kilometer bike and 10-kilometer run. The sprint race is comprised of a 750-meter swim, 20-kilometer bike and 5-kilometer run. The bike and run would be held in downtown Milwaukee.
The 2013 event is slated for Aug. 10-11.
In 2012 event was held in Vermont, where there were a record total of more than 3,500 registered competitors.
- Local woman shares warning after credit card theft
- Bond reduced in UW-Stout student death case
- Madison police make arrest in downtown robbery
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving