MILWAUKEE - The nation's top amateur triathletes will compete in Milwaukee during the next two summers.
Milwaukee has been selected for the 2013 and 2014 USA Triathlon Age Group National Championships.
The two-day event includes the Olympic-Distance National Championship and the Sprint National Championship.
The Olympic-distance race features a 1,500-meter swim in Lake Michigan, 40-kilometer bike and 10-kilometer run. The sprint race is comprised of a 750-meter swim, 20-kilometer bike and 5-kilometer run. The bike and run would be held in downtown Milwaukee.
The 2013 event is slated for Aug. 10-11.
In 2012 event was held in Vermont, where there were a record total of more than 3,500 registered competitors.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say