MADISON, Wis. - A trial date has been set for late March for the local Lutheran bishop who is accused of killing a jogger while driving under the influence.
The Rev. Bruce Burnside was back in court Monday for a motion hearing.
The judge denied his attorney's request to suppress some evidence in the case.
Burnside is accused of the April 7 crash that killed Maureen Mengeldt of Sun Prairie.
A criminal complaint said his preliminary breath test was 0.128.
- Two people shot at while in a car on Madison's east side
- Dick's Sporting Goods windows smashed, teen arrested
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'