MADISON, Wis. - A trial date has been set for late March for the local Lutheran bishop who is accused of killing a jogger while driving under the influence.
The Rev. Bruce Burnside was back in court Monday for a motion hearing.
The judge denied his attorney's request to suppress some evidence in the case.
Burnside is accused of the April 7 crash that killed Maureen Mengeldt of Sun Prairie.
A criminal complaint said his preliminary breath test was 0.128.
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets