MADISON, Wis. - A trial date has been set for a Sauk County woman accused of killing a 4-month-old she was babysitting in August 2011.
Jeannette M. Janusiak, of Reedsburg, will face a jury in October.
Janusiak is charged with first-degree intentional homicide in the baby's death.
According to the criminal complaint, Janusiak said the baby had fallen off a bed and had hit her head on an open drawer of a nightstand while she had gone to the bathroom.
Janusiak told police that the baby was fine but later became unresponsive, and she called police, according to the complaint.
But a doctor who examined the child said the severity of her injuries indicate she would have been unresponsive immediately. The doctor told police that the baby was brain-dead after suffering skull fractures from three distinct impacts, according to the criminal complaint. The baby also suffered a clavicle fracture from an additional impact, the doctor said.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry