MADISON, Wis. - A trial date has been set for a Sauk County woman accused of killing a 4-month-old she was babysitting in August 2011.
Jeannette M. Janusiak, of Reedsburg, will face a jury in October.
Janusiak is charged with first-degree intentional homicide in the baby's death.
According to the criminal complaint, Janusiak said the baby had fallen off a bed and had hit her head on an open drawer of a nightstand while she had gone to the bathroom.
Janusiak told police that the baby was fine but later became unresponsive, and she called police, according to the complaint.
But a doctor who examined the child said the severity of her injuries indicate she would have been unresponsive immediately. The doctor told police that the baby was brain-dead after suffering skull fractures from three distinct impacts, according to the criminal complaint. The baby also suffered a clavicle fracture from an additional impact, the doctor said.
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes
- Madison middle school to require student uniforms