MADISON, Wis. - A trial date has been set for a Sauk County woman accused of killing a 4-month-old she was babysitting in August 2011.
Jeannette M. Janusiak, of Reedsburg, will face a jury in October.
Janusiak is charged with first-degree intentional homicide in the baby's death.
According to the criminal complaint, Janusiak said the baby had fallen off a bed and had hit her head on an open drawer of a nightstand while she had gone to the bathroom.
Janusiak told police that the baby was fine but later became unresponsive, and she called police, according to the complaint.
But a doctor who examined the child said the severity of her injuries indicate she would have been unresponsive immediately. The doctor told police that the baby was brain-dead after suffering skull fractures from three distinct impacts, according to the criminal complaint. The baby also suffered a clavicle fracture from an additional impact, the doctor said.
- Circus World director 'optimistic' in wake of Ringling Bros. shutdown
- Missing Beloit man found dead
- Billion dollar company plans for joint venture
- Superior boat builder secures $6M contract for Texas project
- Man suffers serious injuries in snowmobile rollover
- Janesville police looking for accused Target thief