MADISON, Wis. - A member of a tree cutting crew was taken to a hospital after a large section of tree fell on him and trapped him, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to 1458 Fritz Rd. in the town of Montrose at 12:35 p.m. on Monday and UW Med Flight was called to the scene.
Deputies said the crew worked to cut sections of the tree away to free 25-year-old Forrester Berry. He was flown to University of Wisconsin Hospital with serious but non-life-threatening injuries.
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- Find of device that looked like military mortar causes scare
- Lawyers for man charged in killing accuse victim's boyfriend