MADISON, Wis. - A member of a tree cutting crew was taken to a hospital after a large section of tree fell on him and trapped him, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to 1458 Fritz Rd. in the town of Montrose at 12:35 p.m. on Monday and UW Med Flight was called to the scene.
Deputies said the crew worked to cut sections of the tree away to free 25-year-old Forrester Berry. He was flown to University of Wisconsin Hospital with serious but non-life-threatening injuries.
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart