MADISON, Wis. - A member of a tree cutting crew was taken to a hospital after a large section of tree fell on him and trapped him, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to 1458 Fritz Rd. in the town of Montrose at 12:35 p.m. on Monday and UW Med Flight was called to the scene.
Deputies said the crew worked to cut sections of the tree away to free 25-year-old Forrester Berry. He was flown to University of Wisconsin Hospital with serious but non-life-threatening injuries.
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Phone scammer claims to be MPD Chief Mike Koval, officials say
- Icy Dane County road causes nearly 40-car pileup, officials say
- Man, woman caught selling stolen bike on Craigslist, police say
- Evers has $117,000 in bank for superintendent run
- Police: Teens try to open Madison girl's car door, flash gun at her