MADISON, Wis. - A member of a tree cutting crew was taken to a hospital after a large section of tree fell on him and trapped him, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to 1458 Fritz Rd. in the town of Montrose at 12:35 p.m. on Monday and UW Med Flight was called to the scene.
Deputies said the crew worked to cut sections of the tree away to free 25-year-old Forrester Berry. He was flown to University of Wisconsin Hospital with serious but non-life-threatening injuries.
- Research indicates correct breast examination techniques are widely understood
- Shell casings found downtown after shots fired call
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam