YORKVILLE, Wis. - A maintenance worker at a southeastern Wisconsin golf course has died after a tree branch fell on him.
A 911 caller Thursday reported the tree had fallen on the worker at the Racine County Ives Grove Golf Course.
When deputies arrived they found an 83-year-old man still seated on a riding lawn mower. His upper body was pinned beneath a large branch and the steering wheel.
The man was dead at the scene. The Racine County medical examiner identifies him as William Cieszynski of Caledonia.
The Journal Times reports Cieszynski was employed by a company that contracts with Racine County to operate and maintain the golf course.
A preliminary investigation indicates the large roll bar of the mower struck the overhanging branch, causing it to fall onto the victim.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls