YORKVILLE, Wis. - A maintenance worker at a southeastern Wisconsin golf course has died after a tree branch fell on him.
A 911 caller Thursday reported the tree had fallen on the worker at the Racine County Ives Grove Golf Course.
When deputies arrived they found an 83-year-old man still seated on a riding lawn mower. His upper body was pinned beneath a large branch and the steering wheel.
The man was dead at the scene. The Racine County medical examiner identifies him as William Cieszynski of Caledonia.
The Journal Times reports Cieszynski was employed by a company that contracts with Racine County to operate and maintain the golf course.
A preliminary investigation indicates the large roll bar of the mower struck the overhanging branch, causing it to fall onto the victim.
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire