YORKVILLE, Wis. - A maintenance worker at a southeastern Wisconsin golf course has died after a tree branch fell on him.
A 911 caller Thursday reported the tree had fallen on the worker at the Racine County Ives Grove Golf Course.
When deputies arrived they found an 83-year-old man still seated on a riding lawn mower. His upper body was pinned beneath a large branch and the steering wheel.
The man was dead at the scene. The Racine County medical examiner identifies him as William Cieszynski of Caledonia.
The Journal Times reports Cieszynski was employed by a company that contracts with Racine County to operate and maintain the golf course.
A preliminary investigation indicates the large roll bar of the mower struck the overhanging branch, causing it to fall onto the victim.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK