YORKVILLE, Wis. - A maintenance worker at a southeastern Wisconsin golf course has died after a tree branch fell on him.
A 911 caller Thursday reported the tree had fallen on the worker at the Racine County Ives Grove Golf Course.
When deputies arrived they found an 83-year-old man still seated on a riding lawn mower. His upper body was pinned beneath a large branch and the steering wheel.
The man was dead at the scene. The Racine County medical examiner identifies him as William Cieszynski of Caledonia.
The Journal Times reports Cieszynski was employed by a company that contracts with Racine County to operate and maintain the golf course.
A preliminary investigation indicates the large roll bar of the mower struck the overhanging branch, causing it to fall onto the victim.
- East side Walgreens robbed at gunpoint Sunday
- New emergency equipment aids obese patients in Wisconsin
- Facebook CEO Zuckerberg visits Madison Sunday
- Wisconsin, U.S. used flawed hair evidence to convict innocent people
- Shredfest helps protect more than 1,100 people's identities
- 'Life goes on': Production ends at Oscar Mayer plant