MADISON, Wis. - A tree and park bench will be dedicated Sunday to a couple who died in a car fire on New Year's Day in McFarland.
Amy Damon, 21, and Brandon Slattery, 24, both of Edgerton, were found dead in a burned car early Jan. 1, 2013. The couple was engaged.
Damon and Slattery were Madison College graduates and they will be celebrated by their alma mater in a ceremony outside the new Health Education Building at the Truax campus.
A tree and a stone bench will be placed there in the pair's honor, according to a news release.
The Dane County Medical Examiner ruled their deaths were accidental. In April, the Justice Department listed the cause of the fire as undetermined.
- License plate left behind at hit-and-run scene IDs driver, police say
- State Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- State dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Madison man claims $50,000 lottery prize
- Consumer Reports: How to ease stress of moving
- Garrison Keillor coming to Breese Stevens Field