MADISON, Wis. - A tree and park bench will be dedicated Sunday to a couple who died in a car fire on New Year's Day in McFarland.
Amy Damon, 21, and Brandon Slattery, 24, both of Edgerton, were found dead in a burned car early Jan. 1, 2013. The couple was engaged.
Damon and Slattery were Madison College graduates and they will be celebrated by their alma mater in a ceremony outside the new Health Education Building at the Truax campus.
A tree and a stone bench will be placed there in the pair's honor, according to a news release.
The Dane County Medical Examiner ruled their deaths were accidental. In April, the Justice Department listed the cause of the fire as undetermined.
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs