MADISON, Wis. - A tree and park bench will be dedicated Sunday to a couple who died in a car fire on New Year's Day in McFarland.
Amy Damon, 21, and Brandon Slattery, 24, both of Edgerton, were found dead in a burned car early Jan. 1, 2013. The couple was engaged.
Damon and Slattery were Madison College graduates and they will be celebrated by their alma mater in a ceremony outside the new Health Education Building at the Truax campus.
A tree and a stone bench will be placed there in the pair's honor, according to a news release.
The Dane County Medical Examiner ruled their deaths were accidental. In April, the Justice Department listed the cause of the fire as undetermined.
- Extra patrols added for spring party
- Shirtless female toddler on splash pad sparks debate
- Teacher confesses to sex with student in classroom
- Madison police find bullet in apartment on Russett Road
- Madison police investigate shots fired, crash
- Madison police investigating armed robbery at Oakcrest Tavern