GRANT COUNTY, Wis. - Motorists are advised not to travel in Grant County Sunday night.
The Grant County Sheriff's Office said the area is experiencing blizzard conditions.
The National Weather Service issued a blizzard warning for Grant County until 2 a.m. Sunday.
Highway 80 was closed outside of Platteville's city limits Sunday because of whiteout conditions. Grant County authorities reported snow plows were pulled off the roads too.
Grant County authorities said if drivers are stranded, call 911 and wait in your vehicle until help arrives. Fire departments are working to rescue motorists.
In Madison, police reported Pleasant Valley Road will be closed until Monday between Valley View Road. and Mineral Point Road. The closures are due to blowing and drifting snow.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire