GRANT COUNTY, Wis. - Motorists are advised not to travel in Grant County Sunday night.
The Grant County Sheriff's Office said the area is experiencing blizzard conditions.
The National Weather Service issued a blizzard warning for Grant County until 2 a.m. Sunday.
Highway 80 was closed outside of Platteville's city limits Sunday because of whiteout conditions. Grant County authorities reported snow plows were pulled off the roads too.
Grant County authorities said if drivers are stranded, call 911 and wait in your vehicle until help arrives. Fire departments are working to rescue motorists.
In Madison, police reported Pleasant Valley Road will be closed until Monday between Valley View Road. and Mineral Point Road. The closures are due to blowing and drifting snow.
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes