JANESVILLE, Wis. - Commuters trying to get to downtown Janesville Wednesday morning ran into some major problems due to a train derailment.
Rock County dispatch said a call came to them just before 5 a.m. Wednesday about the derailment, near the Five Points intersection in downtown Janesville.
The derailment closed that intersection, along with Academy Street in downtown Janesville for about 3 hours.
The train was carrying grain, so there was no health risk to the community.
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs