MADISON, Wis. - The traffic switch on Verona Road between the Beltline and Raymond Road will start late next week and be complete by March 21, according to a release.
The switch will be taking place over multiple nights and will reduce southbound Verona Road traffic to two lanes starting March 20 and northbound traffic on March 21, officials said.
Starting March 21, all Verona Road traffic will be shifted to the southbound lanes between the Beltline and Raymond Road, according to the release. Two lanes will remain open to traffic in each direction.
Access to area businesses and neighborhoods will remain open during construction, officials said. Backups and delays are expected in the area, especially during peak travel times.
The $28.2 million construction work will reconstruct Verona Road and frontage roads between the Beltline and Raymond Road this year, according to the release. All traffic is scheduled to switch to the northbound lanes of Verona Road in July, and construction is expected to be completed by November.
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say