MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said a traffic stop resulted in the confiscation of drugs and a drug arrest.
Police said they stopped Stephen Lee Wilson, 27, near Cameron Drive at 9:49 p.m. on Friday because he was driving a vehicle with a suspended registration.
The officer said unburnt marijuana could be smelled in the car, and Wilson said the smell was from a friend who was smoking in the car earlier.
Marijuana and individually packaged cocaine were found in the vehicle, according to police.
Wilson was arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to deliver cocaine, possession of marijuana, possession of drugs within 1,000 feet of a park, and operating after suspension and with suspended registration.
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash injures 3
- Man arrested on suspicion of 4th OWI
- Former president George H.W. Bush hospitalized
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap