MADISON, Wis. - A traffic enforcement effort resulted in a chase and a drug arrest Tuesday, according to Madison police.
Officers said a driver was flagged for speeding in the 1300 block of Fish Hatchery Road at about 12:20 p.m. when the car refused to pull over and several bags of marijuana flew out the passenger-side window of the car, spreading all over the road.
The driver refused to pull over and led police on a low speed pursuit while running stop signs and turning onto various streets, according to police.
The car stopped in the 1300 block of Wingra Drive and police said the driver, Travis P. Brown 23, of Fitchburg, was ordered out at gunpoint. There was a 21-year-old woman in the passenger seat, and a 1-year-old boy and 3-year-old girl in the back seat.
Brown told police he didn't know anything about the bags of marijuana, and he didn't pull over right away because he was looking for a good place to park.
Brown was arrested on suspicion of child neglect, possession of marijuana with intent to deliver, knowingly fleeing an officer, speeding, operating with suspended plates and operating after revocation.
Chelsea J. Fry, 21, of Madison, was cited on suspicion of obstructing an officer.Madison crime map
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land