MADISON, Wis. - A Madison woman was arrested after a traffic stop in which a deputy said he saw open beer cans in the car and smelled the strong odor of marijuana.
The deputy said Chimirra A. Murry, 29, was driving on Mill Pond Road at about 1 a.m. when the deputy noticed there was no front plate on her car. He said the registration was expired and he stopped the car, which is when he saw the beer can and smelled the marijuana.
Murry was given field sobriety tests and was arrested on suspicion of fourth-offense operating while intoxicated. She was also cited on suspicion of driving with open intoxicants and operating after revocation.
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets