MADISON, Wis. - A Madison woman was arrested after a traffic stop in which a deputy said he saw open beer cans in the car and smelled the strong odor of marijuana.
The deputy said Chimirra A. Murry, 29, was driving on Mill Pond Road at about 1 a.m. when the deputy noticed there was no front plate on her car. He said the registration was expired and he stopped the car, which is when he saw the beer can and smelled the marijuana.
Murry was given field sobriety tests and was arrested on suspicion of fourth-offense operating while intoxicated. She was also cited on suspicion of driving with open intoxicants and operating after revocation.
- Neighborhood initiative aims to diminish crime on Madison's east side
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program
- East side Walgreens robbed at gunpoint Sunday