MADISON, Wis. - A Madison woman was arrested after a traffic stop in which a deputy said he saw open beer cans in the car and smelled the strong odor of marijuana.
The deputy said Chimirra A. Murry, 29, was driving on Mill Pond Road at about 1 a.m. when the deputy noticed there was no front plate on her car. He said the registration was expired and he stopped the car, which is when he saw the beer can and smelled the marijuana.
Murry was given field sobriety tests and was arrested on suspicion of fourth-offense operating while intoxicated. She was also cited on suspicion of driving with open intoxicants and operating after revocation.
- Man charged in fatal shooting of sheriff's deputy
- PD: Man hit in head, robbed during believed stereo equipment sale
- Wisconsin farmers could be affected by late cabinet pick
- Judge denies motions to dismiss 4 charges against Alec Cook
- MFD: 1 suffers minor injury in rollover crash on John Nolen Drive
- Woman accused of stabbing acquaintance turns herself in to police