MADISON, Wis. - A Madison woman was arrested after a traffic stop in which a deputy said he saw open beer cans in the car and smelled the strong odor of marijuana.
The deputy said Chimirra A. Murry, 29, was driving on Mill Pond Road at about 1 a.m. when the deputy noticed there was no front plate on her car. He said the registration was expired and he stopped the car, which is when he saw the beer can and smelled the marijuana.
Murry was given field sobriety tests and was arrested on suspicion of fourth-offense operating while intoxicated. She was also cited on suspicion of driving with open intoxicants and operating after revocation.
- Milwaukee coroner: Skull found on vacant land is decades old
- Kenosha man faces re-trial in 1990 murder of woman, 18
- More than 100 people to lose jobs when distributor closes in Watertown
- Real-looking starter pistol held to man's head in planned robbery, police say
- PD: Suspected drunken driver goes for officer's gun, injures 2 officers
- Deputies: Couple caught stealing coats may be connected to other thefts