FITCHBURG, Wis. - A broken signal light at Verona Road and Williamsburg Way Friday morning is expected to add to the woes of commuters using one of the area's major thoroughfares.
Commuters are already facing delays on Verona Road due to road construction
Fitchburg police said they don't expect the signal lights to be fixed until at least noon Friday. Because of this, they are warning drivers to expect long delays, and to avoid the area if it at all possible.
The lights haven't worked since a car crashed into a control box for the traffic lights. The single vehicle crash led the driver to be charged for operating a vehicle while intoxicated. No injuries were reported from the accident.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land