MADISON, Wis. - A man is dead after being pinned underneath a tractor in rural Barneveld Saturday.
Iowa County Sheriff's deputies said the 911 Center got a call around 5:30 p.m. that a farm tractor had fallen through a barn floor and that someone was trapped.
It happened at a farm on Mounds View Road in Barneveld.
When rescue crews got to the farm they found Kenneth Powell, 71, pinned beneath the tractor, according to a release.
Med Flight was called and emergency crews pulled Powell out, but he was pronounced dead at the scene, officials said.
- Groups call for tax changes to free up $900M
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Judge properly moved teen into adult system to protect him
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Hundreds of thousands of candies blanket Dodge County road, sheriff says
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer