MADISON, Wis. - A man is dead after being pinned underneath a tractor in rural Barneveld Saturday.
Iowa County Sheriff's deputies said the 911 Center got a call around 5:30 p.m. that a farm tractor had fallen through a barn floor and that someone was trapped.
It happened at a farm on Mounds View Road in Barneveld.
When rescue crews got to the farm they found Kenneth Powell, 71, pinned beneath the tractor, according to a release.
Med Flight was called and emergency crews pulled Powell out, but he was pronounced dead at the scene, officials said.
- Dane County deputies shut down Bratfest carnival
- Police investigate bomb threat at Madison library
- Extra Janesville officers on patrol for 'Click It or Ticket' enforcement
- Diabetics feeling pinch as insulin prices rise 8 percent
- Police: occupants of both cars in hit-and-run flee scene
- Officials identify two men killed in Sheboygan plane crash