MADISON, Wis. - A man is dead after being pinned underneath a tractor in rural Barneveld Saturday.
Iowa County Sheriff's deputies said the 911 Center got a call around 5:30 p.m. that a farm tractor had fallen through a barn floor and that someone was trapped.
It happened at a farm on Mounds View Road in Barneveld.
When rescue crews got to the farm they found Kenneth Powell, 71, pinned beneath the tractor, according to a release.
Med Flight was called and emergency crews pulled Powell out, but he was pronounced dead at the scene, officials said.
- Madison middle school student creates winning Google doodle
- Trespass charges for man found living in hospital closet
- DNA leads to Janesville arrest in 2000 rape case, police say
- Jury to hear testimony in Milwaukee County inmate death
- Koval says Robinson settlement will have 'chilling effect'' on policing
- Divided state Supreme Court upholds DNA fee