MADISON, Wis. - UW Med Flight was dispatched along with other agencies to a two-vehicle crash on in the town of Westport.
The crash occurred at the intersection of State Highways 113 and 19 at 5:02 p.m. according to a news release from the Dane County Sheriff's Office. A driver was stopped at the intersection and was preparing to pull southbound on Highway 113. She pulled out in front of a vehicle headed northbound.
The collision killed the driver of vehicle headed northbound, the Dane County Sheriff's office identified the driver as a 59-year-old man from Spring Green in a Saturn Station Wagon. He was not wearing his seatbelt.
The other driver was wearing her seatbelt and had to be removed from her vehicle. The Dane County Sheriff's Office said she was transported by UW Med Flight to UW hospital with unknown injuries.
Dane County Sheriff's deputies responded along with Waunakee Fire and EMS.
The crash is under investigation. The Dane County Medical Examiner's Office will release the name of the deceased after his family is notified, according to a news release.
- Pedestrian killed in Walworth County crash
- Thousands participate in Madison March for Science
- Friends, family send off 85 National Guard members
- Body pulled out of Kinnickinnic River in Milwaukee
- Signs go up in Racine marking Frank Lloyd Wright Trail
- DNR: Alcohol may be involved in Lake Wisconsin boat crash