MADISON, Wis. - UW Med Flight was dispatched along with other agencies to a two-vehicle crash on in the town of Westport.
The crash occurred at the intersection of State Highways 113 and 19 at 5:02 p.m. according to a news release from the Dane County Sheriff's Office. A driver was stopped at the intersection and was preparing to pull southbound on Highway 113. She pulled out in front of a vehicle headed northbound.
The collision killed the driver of vehicle headed northbound, the Dane County Sheriff's office identified the driver as a 59-year-old man from Spring Green in a Saturn Station Wagon. He was not wearing his seatbelt.
The other driver was wearing her seatbelt and had to be removed from her vehicle. The Dane County Sheriff's Office said she was transported by UW Med Flight to UW hospital with unknown injuries.
Dane County Sheriff's deputies responded along with Waunakee Fire and EMS.
The crash is under investigation. The Dane County Medical Examiner's Office will release the name of the deceased after his family is notified, according to a news release.
- Law enforcement warns of dangerous, ice-covered roads
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need