TOWN OF ROME, Wis. - The Adams County Sheriff's Office announced Thursday the arrest of a town of Rome elected official.
Officials said Deena Griffin, 53, has been arrested on charges of theft, forgery and misconduct in public office.
Griffin is currently the town of Rome Clerk.
The arrest is the result of an ongoing investigation by the sheriff's office, according to a release. Griffin is being held in the Adam's County Jail awaiting a bail hearing.
Town of Rome officials are cooperating with the investigation.
Officials said no other information is being released at this time.
- UW-Madison chosen by U.S DOT to test automated vehicles
- Janesville robotics team among top 10 in global competition, moves to final round
- EPA grant freeze could ‘pull rug out from under' UW-Madison research
- Man on trial for deadly shooting says he was fearful for his life
- Suspected serial thief steals again, police say
- State manufacturing tax credit continues to grow