TOWN OF ROME, Wis. - The Adams County Sheriff's Office announced Thursday the arrest of a town of Rome elected official.
Officials said Deena Griffin, 53, has been arrested on charges of theft, forgery and misconduct in public office.
Griffin is currently the town of Rome Clerk.
The arrest is the result of an ongoing investigation by the sheriff's office, according to a release. Griffin is being held in the Adam's County Jail awaiting a bail hearing.
Town of Rome officials are cooperating with the investigation.
Officials said no other information is being released at this time.
- Pedestrian killed in Walworth County crash
- Thousands participate in Madison March for Science
- Friends, family send off 85 National Guard members
- Body pulled out of Kinnickinnic River in Milwaukee
- Signs go up in Racine marking Frank Lloyd Wright Trail
- DNR: Alcohol may be involved in Lake Wisconsin boat crash