TOWN OF ROME, Wis. - The Adams County Sheriff's Office announced Thursday the arrest of a town of Rome elected official.
Officials said Deena Griffin, 53, has been arrested on charges of theft, forgery and misconduct in public office.
Griffin is currently the town of Rome Clerk.
The arrest is the result of an ongoing investigation by the sheriff's office, according to a release. Griffin is being held in the Adam's County Jail awaiting a bail hearing.
Town of Rome officials are cooperating with the investigation.
Officials said no other information is being released at this time.
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart