TOWN OF ROME, Wis. - The Adams County Sheriff's Office announced Thursday the arrest of a town of Rome elected official.
Officials said Deena Griffin, 53, has been arrested on charges of theft, forgery and misconduct in public office.
Griffin is currently the town of Rome Clerk.
The arrest is the result of an ongoing investigation by the sheriff's office, according to a release. Griffin is being held in the Adam's County Jail awaiting a bail hearing.
Town of Rome officials are cooperating with the investigation.
Officials said no other information is being released at this time.
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial