MADISON, Wis. - A fire that sent one person to the hospital Monday was caused by a towel draped over a halogen floor lamp, according to the Madison Fire Department.
Firefighters went to the home in the 4400 block of Vale Circle at 4:15 p.m. Monday. Two men inside the home were able to get the fire out.
Paramedics ended up taking one of the men to Meriter Hospital after he attempted to put out the fire with a bucket of water. He was treated and released.
The fire caused smoke damage throughout the home. Damages are estimated at $20,000.
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire