MADISON, Wis. - A fire that sent one person to the hospital Monday was caused by a towel draped over a halogen floor lamp, according to the Madison Fire Department.
Firefighters went to the home in the 4400 block of Vale Circle at 4:15 p.m. Monday. Two men inside the home were able to get the fire out.
Paramedics ended up taking one of the men to Meriter Hospital after he attempted to put out the fire with a bucket of water. He was treated and released.
The fire caused smoke damage throughout the home. Damages are estimated at $20,000.
- Shredfest helps protect more than 1,100 people's identities
- 'Life goes on': Production ends at Oscar Mayer plant
- Vehicles, building hit by bullets in Fitchburg
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed