MADISON, Wis. - Total spending on 15 recall races, including the one targeting Gov. Scott Walker, will easily top $125 million.
That is the latest estimate by the government watchdog group the Wisconsin Democracy Campaign.
The group on Thursday released new estimates that show spending on Walker's race by the candidates and outside groups will reach between $75 million and $80 million.
Last summer about $44 million was spent on nine state Senate recalls.
Based on the estimates, spending on the Walker recall and last year's Senate recalls will be about $125 million. And that doesn't count spending on this year's recalls targeting four Senate seats and Lt. Gov. Rebecca Kleefisch, which will add millions more.
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say
- Local musician, drum instructor charged with possession of child porn