MADISON, Wis. - Total spending on 15 recall races, including the one targeting Gov. Scott Walker, will easily top $125 million.
That is the latest estimate by the government watchdog group the Wisconsin Democracy Campaign.
The group on Thursday released new estimates that show spending on Walker's race by the candidates and outside groups will reach between $75 million and $80 million.
Last summer about $44 million was spent on nine state Senate recalls.
Based on the estimates, spending on the Walker recall and last year's Senate recalls will be about $125 million. And that doesn't count spending on this year's recalls targeting four Senate seats and Lt. Gov. Rebecca Kleefisch, which will add millions more.
- Winter weather could slow Wednesday commute
- $1M lottery ticket sold in Madison expires soon
- Men to be without safe, sober home with no live-in manager
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- Multiple reports of gunshots heard in Madison Sunday night
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue