APPLETON, Wis. - Officials in the Fox Valley say damage from last week's tornadoes exceeds $30 million.
The National Weather Service tells WLUK-TV that six tornadoes have been confirmed during the storms. It had previously confirmed five tornadoes as part of the weather system that moved through the region late Wednesday and early Thursday.
The television station reports the sixth tornado hit the Huckleberry Campgrounds near New London. Two people were injured.
Outagamie County Executive Tom Nelson tells Post-Crescent Media about $25 million in damage to private property and almost $6 million to public property has been reported so far. He says the total is expected to increase as more reports come in from communities.
- Sheriff: Man driving 30 mph over speed limit was drunk
- Stoughton woman faces 5th OWI charge
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands
- Town of Janesville man faces 6th OWI
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000