APPLETON, Wis. - Officials in the Fox Valley say damage from last week's tornadoes exceeds $30 million.
The National Weather Service tells WLUK-TV that six tornadoes have been confirmed during the storms. It had previously confirmed five tornadoes as part of the weather system that moved through the region late Wednesday and early Thursday.
The television station reports the sixth tornado hit the Huckleberry Campgrounds near New London. Two people were injured.
Outagamie County Executive Tom Nelson tells Post-Crescent Media about $25 million in damage to private property and almost $6 million to public property has been reported so far. He says the total is expected to increase as more reports come in from communities.
- Law enforcement warns of dangerous, ice-covered roads
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need