APPLETON, Wis. - Officials in the Fox Valley say damage from last week's tornadoes exceeds $30 million.
The National Weather Service tells WLUK-TV that six tornadoes have been confirmed during the storms. It had previously confirmed five tornadoes as part of the weather system that moved through the region late Wednesday and early Thursday.
The television station reports the sixth tornado hit the Huckleberry Campgrounds near New London. Two people were injured.
Outagamie County Executive Tom Nelson tells Post-Crescent Media about $25 million in damage to private property and almost $6 million to public property has been reported so far. He says the total is expected to increase as more reports come in from communities.
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets