MADISON, Wis. - Police arrested one woman and cited another after a large street fight involving more than a dozen people Saturday morning.
Madison police were called to the 1300 block of Theresa Terrace at 12:15 a.m. and found one of the main combatants wearing only pants. Police said she was still trying to fight, but was being held back by other women.
Police said that the woman, Latara T. Freeman, 39, of Madison, was earlier armed with a baseball bat and had hit a 33-year-old woman in the head with it.
Freeman was arrested on suspicion of second-degree reckless endangerment and disorderly conduct.
Another woman was cited for disorderly conduct. Police said she had been throwing punches.
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend