MADISON, Wis. - Police arrested one woman and cited another after a large street fight involving more than a dozen people Saturday morning.
Madison police were called to the 1300 block of Theresa Terrace at 12:15 a.m. and found one of the main combatants wearing only pants. Police said she was still trying to fight, but was being held back by other women.
Police said that the woman, Latara T. Freeman, 39, of Madison, was earlier armed with a baseball bat and had hit a 33-year-old woman in the head with it.
Freeman was arrested on suspicion of second-degree reckless endangerment and disorderly conduct.
Another woman was cited for disorderly conduct. Police said she had been throwing punches.
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement
- Uncertainty creates challenges for growth in manufacturing
- Inmates sue over conditions at Wisconsin youth prison
- Crews put out, monitor insulation fire at construction site, officials say
- Janesville man killed in crash on I-90 near South Beloit
- Milwaukee coroner: Skull found on vacant land is decades old