MADISON, Wis. - Police arrested one woman and cited another after a large street fight involving more than a dozen people Saturday morning.
Madison police were called to the 1300 block of Theresa Terrace at 12:15 a.m. and found one of the main combatants wearing only pants. Police said she was still trying to fight, but was being held back by other women.
Police said that the woman, Latara T. Freeman, 39, of Madison, was earlier armed with a baseball bat and had hit a 33-year-old woman in the head with it.
Freeman was arrested on suspicion of second-degree reckless endangerment and disorderly conduct.
Another woman was cited for disorderly conduct. Police said she had been throwing punches.
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say