MADISON, Wis. - Police arrested one woman and cited another after a large street fight involving more than a dozen people Saturday morning.
Madison police were called to the 1300 block of Theresa Terrace at 12:15 a.m. and found one of the main combatants wearing only pants. Police said she was still trying to fight, but was being held back by other women.
Police said that the woman, Latara T. Freeman, 39, of Madison, was earlier armed with a baseball bat and had hit a 33-year-old woman in the head with it.
Freeman was arrested on suspicion of second-degree reckless endangerment and disorderly conduct.
Another woman was cited for disorderly conduct. Police said she had been throwing punches.
- Police questioning suspect in Middleton homicide
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two