MADISON, Wis. - The Dane County Humane Society has more cats than it can handle and is reducing cat adoption fees in response.
The Humane Society said Friday it has more than 94 cats waiting to be adopted.
Adult cat adoption fees on Sunday and Monday will be reduced from $40 to $5.
Humane Society officials said summer months are always busier.
The reduced fees are good at the main shelter, west side shelter and Mounds locations in Sun Prairie, Middleton and Janesville.
- Dane County deputies shut down Bratfest carnival
- Police investigate bomb threat at Madison library
- Extra Janesville officers on patrol for 'Click It or Ticket' enforcement
- Diabetics feeling pinch as insulin prices rise 8 percent
- Police: occupants of both cars in hit-and-run flee scene
- Officials identify two men killed in Sheboygan plane crash