MADISON, Wis. - The Dane County Humane Society has more cats than it can handle and is reducing cat adoption fees in response.
The Humane Society said Friday it has more than 94 cats waiting to be adopted.
Adult cat adoption fees on Sunday and Monday will be reduced from $40 to $5.
Humane Society officials said summer months are always busier.
The reduced fees are good at the main shelter, west side shelter and Mounds locations in Sun Prairie, Middleton and Janesville.
- Attorney says officer 'hung out to dry' in settlement
- Lawmakers, group calling on governor to improve schools' drinking water
- Community reacts to Tony Robinson case settlement
- Capitol Petro shooter to spend 10 years in prison
- Former federal prison employee sentenced for bringing contraband to inmates
- DNA leads to Janesville arrest in 2000 rape case, police say