MADISON, Wis. - Gov. Scott Walker's wife Tonette is expected to recover fine following an emergency appendectomy early Wednesday morning.
Cullen Werwie, the governor's press secretary, said Gov. Walker spent the night with her and that she is recovering well.
She went in first Tuesday morning with an unknown condition and returned late in the afternoon, Werwie said.
The governor attended the vigil in Oak Creek briefly on Tuesday night and told the crowd as he had to leave quickly to attend to his wife in the hospital.
Walker has canceled all his scheduled events Wednesday, including a trip to Janesville, due to his wife's surgery.
Stay tuned to WISC-TV and Channel 3000 for continuing coverage.
- Jakubowski declines to stand for judge in federal court
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK
- Look, up in the sky! It's gypsy moth sprayers
- AG Schimel: Undercover campaign videos reveal no crime
- Oakcrest Tavern robbed at gunpoint at closing time, PD says