TOMAH, Wis. - Authorities released the name of a 50-year-old man who died after a house fire in west-central Wisconsin.
Monroe County Sheriff Pete Quirin identified the victim as Raymond Loendorf.
The sheriff's department said a woman called 911 late Wednesday to report a fire. She also told dispatchers she couldn't find her husband.
Firefighters found Loendorf unconscious in the basement of the home in the Town of Tomah. Emergency responders tried to revive him but he was pronounced dead at a hospital.
The cause of the fire was under investigation.
Foul play was not suspected.
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Suspect in custody in Middleton homicide
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two
- Two seriously injured in pickup vs. semi crash