TOMAH, Wis. - Authorities released the name of a 50-year-old man who died after a house fire in west-central Wisconsin.
Monroe County Sheriff Pete Quirin identified the victim as Raymond Loendorf.
The sheriff's department said a woman called 911 late Wednesday to report a fire. She also told dispatchers she couldn't find her husband.
Firefighters found Loendorf unconscious in the basement of the home in the Town of Tomah. Emergency responders tried to revive him but he was pronounced dead at a hospital.
The cause of the fire was under investigation.
Foul play was not suspected.
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say
- GOP Legislature calls redistricting ruling 'dangerous'
- Crazylegs run/walk to close many downtown streets Saturday