TOMAH, Wis. - Authorities released the name of a 50-year-old man who died after a house fire in west-central Wisconsin.
Monroe County Sheriff Pete Quirin identified the victim as Raymond Loendorf.
The sheriff's department said a woman called 911 late Wednesday to report a fire. She also told dispatchers she couldn't find her husband.
Firefighters found Loendorf unconscious in the basement of the home in the Town of Tomah. Emergency responders tried to revive him but he was pronounced dead at a hospital.
The cause of the fire was under investigation.
Foul play was not suspected.
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash injures 3
- Man arrested on suspicion of 4th OWI
- Former president George H.W. Bush hospitalized
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap