MADISON, WI (WKBT) - A Tomah man has been sentenced to 37 months in federal prison for being a drug user in possession of a firearm.
The Wisconsin Department of Justice said Shelton Hughes pleaded guilty to this crime on September 3, 2013.
Between March 22 and 23, 2013 Hughes stole and then pawned three firearms in Monroe County. Local law enforcement traced the firearms back to Hughes' activities. He admitted to stealing the firearms, being a drug addict and pawning the guns to pay for drugs.
- Man on trial for deadly shooting says he was fearful for his life
- Suspected serial thief steals again, police say
- State manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Man scammed out of $4,300 by person claiming to be grandson
- Man stabs girlfriend in neck with scissors, police say
- Fremont woman accused in boyfriend's fatal stabbing is acquitted