MADISON, WI (WKBT) - A Tomah man has been sentenced to 37 months in federal prison for being a drug user in possession of a firearm.
The Wisconsin Department of Justice said Shelton Hughes pleaded guilty to this crime on September 3, 2013.
Between March 22 and 23, 2013 Hughes stole and then pawned three firearms in Monroe County. Local law enforcement traced the firearms back to Hughes' activities. He admitted to stealing the firearms, being a drug addict and pawning the guns to pay for drugs.
- Extra patrols added for spring party
- Shirtless female toddler on splash pad sparks debate
- Teacher confesses to sex with student in classroom
- Madison police find bullet in apartment on Russett Road
- Madison police investigate shots fired, crash
- Madison police investigating armed robbery at Oakcrest Tavern