TOWN OF DARIEN, Wis. - Three Beloit men were injured in a rollover crash on an Interstate 43 exit ramp Sunday night.
The Walworth County Sheriff's Office said a truck traveling north on I-43 slid off the icy highway at about 9:48 p.m. while trying to use the exit ramp to Highway 14 in the Town of Darien. The truck went down the embankment, struck a tree and partially ejected the driver, Ricardo Orlando Villalobos, 25.
Villalobos was flown to a Madison-area hospital for treatment of a broken ankle, broken pelvis and head injuries, according to deputies.
One passenger, Isidro Angel Santana-Ruiz, 21, was flown to a Milwaukee-area hospital for treatment of multiple broken bones to the arm and hand and facial injuries. Another passenger, Eddie Christian Santana, 22, was taken to a Milwaukee-area hospital by ambulance for treatment of a broken neck, broken back and facial injuries.
The Walworth County Sheriff's Office said it will recommend Villalobos be charged on suspicion of operating while intoxicated, two counts of operating while intoxicated causing great bodily harm, operating while suspended, open intoxicants in a vehicle and operating without insurance.
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes