MILTON TOWNSHIP, Wis. - Three people were rescued after their vehicle got stuck between ice and open water on Lake Koshkonong Tuesday, according to the Rock County Sheriff's Office.
Crews from the Rock County Sheriff's Office and Edgerton and Milton fire departments responded to Dallman's Landing in Milton Township at 5:48 p.m. for a water rescue.
Three people in an eight-wheel-drive amphibious machine made to go on ice and open water were trying to retrieve an ice shanty when the vehicle got struck.
Crews used an airboat to make contact and transport the individuals to safety. None of the three were injured.
The vehicle was left on the lake and will be retrieved Wednesday.
- Complaint: 14-year-old's father finds sexual assault suspect in closet
- Attempt to drill into SUV gas tank ignites fuel, MFD says
- New Glarus man stopped for expired vehicle registration faces 6th OWI
- Man robbed at gunpoint in parking lot, police say
- Bicyclist injured in collision with Buick, fire officials say
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing