MILTON TOWNSHIP, Wis. - Three people were rescued after their vehicle got stuck between ice and open water on Lake Koshkonong Tuesday, according to the Rock County Sheriff's Office.
Crews from the Rock County Sheriff's Office and Edgerton and Milton fire departments responded to Dallman's Landing in Milton Township at 5:48 p.m. for a water rescue.
Three people in an eight-wheel-drive amphibious machine made to go on ice and open water were trying to retrieve an ice shanty when the vehicle got struck.
Crews used an airboat to make contact and transport the individuals to safety. None of the three were injured.
The vehicle was left on the lake and will be retrieved Wednesday.
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Phone scammer claims to be MPD Chief Mike Koval, officials say
- Icy Dane County road causes nearly 40-car pileup, officials say
- Man, woman caught selling stolen bike on Craigslist, police say
- Evers has $117,000 in bank for superintendent run
- Police: Teens try to open Madison girl's car door, flash gun at her