MILTON TOWNSHIP, Wis. - Three people were rescued after their vehicle got stuck between ice and open water on Lake Koshkonong Tuesday, according to the Rock County Sheriff's Office.
Crews from the Rock County Sheriff's Office and Edgerton and Milton fire departments responded to Dallman's Landing in Milton Township at 5:48 p.m. for a water rescue.
Three people in an eight-wheel-drive amphibious machine made to go on ice and open water were trying to retrieve an ice shanty when the vehicle got struck.
Crews used an airboat to make contact and transport the individuals to safety. None of the three were injured.
The vehicle was left on the lake and will be retrieved Wednesday.
- Sheriff: Man driving 30 mph over speed limit was drunk
- Stoughton woman faces 5th OWI charge
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands
- Town of Janesville man faces 6th OWI
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000