JANESVILLE, Wis. - Janesville police said three people were injured Wednesday morning after a bus crashed into a house on the city's east side.
The incident happened around 9:30 a.m. Wednesday in the 2600 block of Wesley Avenue, just west of Pontiac Drive.
According to police, the bus was going down Wesley Avenue when another car failed to yield. Police said the bus driver took evasive action to avoid the car, but the seat belt failed and the bus driver lost control of the bus.
The bus driver suffered a head injury and was taken to the hospital, according to police. Police said two passengers on the bus also suffered minor injuries.
Police said the house suffered major damage from the collision. Police said a ticket was issued to the driver that failed to yield to the bus.
Two people that live inside the duplex will be forced to find other arrangements in the near future.
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says