JANESVILLE, Wis. - Janesville police said three people were injured Wednesday morning after a bus crashed into a house on the city's east side.
The incident happened around 9:30 a.m. Wednesday in the 2600 block of Wesley Avenue, just west of Pontiac Drive.
According to police, the bus was going down Wesley Avenue when another car failed to yield. Police said the bus driver took evasive action to avoid the car, but the seat belt failed and the bus driver lost control of the bus.
The bus driver suffered a head injury and was taken to the hospital, according to police. Police said two passengers on the bus also suffered minor injuries.
Police said the house suffered major damage from the collision. Police said a ticket was issued to the driver that failed to yield to the bus.
Two people that live inside the duplex will be forced to find other arrangements in the near future.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls