CHRISTIANA TOWNSHIP, Wis. - Three vehicles crashed when a motorist crossed the centerline on State Highway 12/18 in Christiana Township on Friday morning, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
Emergency responders from Cambridge and Deer-Grove EMS were called to State Highway 12/18 and Highway 73 at 10:55 a.m.
Deputies said a car driven by Tina Lord, 47, of Monona, was traveling west on State Highway 12/18 when she crossed the centerline. An oncoming minivan and SUV both swerved to avoid a collision.
The minivan, driven by Gary Ziball, 54, of Cambridge, struck the rear of Lord's car and the SUV, driven by Hasim Lusha, 63, of Fort Atkinson, avoided a collision but lost control and rolled the SUV on the north side of the highway.
A passenger in Lord's car, Lori Johnson, 49, of Madison, was taken to a hospital for treatment of minor injuries. Deputies said she was not wearing a seatbelt. No one else was injured.
Deputies said Lord was cited on suspicion of operating left of center.
The highway was closed for about one hour.
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial