MADISON, Wis. - Both East Towne and West Towne malls, as well as the Janesville Mall will be closed on Thanksgiving Day, according to a news release.
Both malls will reopen at 6 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 25. Stores with external entrances have the option of remaining open on Thanksgiving, the release said.
"We want to bring back the excitement of Black Friday shopping as the true start of the holiday shopping season and allow our employees, retailers, and shoppers to spend the Thanksgiving holiday with their families," Stephen Lebovitz, president and CEO, CBL & Associates Properties, which owns all three malls, said. "After evaluating feedback from our mall employees, retail partners, and input from our shoppers we determined that this was the best decision for our properties."
Shoppers can visit each mall's website for more specific information, the release said.
- State manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Man scammed out of $4,300 by person claiming to be grandson
- Man stabs girlfriend in neck with scissors, police say
- Fremont woman accused in boyfriend's fatal stabbing is acquitted
- East Towne Mall employee attacked, robbed
- Woman arrested, suspected of abducting her kids