MADISON, Wis. - Both East Towne and West Towne malls, as well as the Janesville Mall will be closed on Thanksgiving Day, according to a news release.
Both malls will reopen at 6 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 25. Stores with external entrances have the option of remaining open on Thanksgiving, the release said.
"We want to bring back the excitement of Black Friday shopping as the true start of the holiday shopping season and allow our employees, retailers, and shoppers to spend the Thanksgiving holiday with their families," Stephen Lebovitz, president and CEO, CBL & Associates Properties, which owns all three malls, said. "After evaluating feedback from our mall employees, retail partners, and input from our shoppers we determined that this was the best decision for our properties."
Shoppers can visit each mall's website for more specific information, the release said.
- Sheriff: Man driving 30 mph over speed limit was drunk
- Stoughton woman faces 5th OWI charge
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands
- Town of Janesville man faces 6th OWI
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000