MADISON, Wis. - A power outage affected a couple thousand customers on Madison's northeast side Friday afternoon, according to Madison Gas and Electric.
The utility's outage map showed as many as 2,900 customers without power at about 12:45 p.m.
Company officials said the outage was caused by a power line coming into a substation.
Power was restored to MG&E after an outage lasting about one-half hour.
About 1,027 Alliant Energy customers in Dane County were still without power at 12:50 p.m.. Power was restored by 1:15 p.m.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns