MADISON, Wis. - A power outage affected a couple thousand customers on Madison's northeast side Friday afternoon, according to Madison Gas and Electric.
The utility's outage map showed as many as 2,900 customers without power at about 12:45 p.m.
Company officials said the outage was caused by a power line coming into a substation.
Power was restored to MG&E after an outage lasting about one-half hour.
About 1,027 Alliant Energy customers in Dane County were still without power at 12:50 p.m.. Power was restored by 1:15 p.m.
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land
- Victims chase suspected burglars with shovel
- Wisconsin school advocates pushing for more money
- Research indicates correct breast examination techniques are widely misunderstood