WINONA (WKBT) - Authorities found the body of a third victim of Sunday's river crash on Monday afternoon.
The Winona County Sheriff's Office said four people were believed to have been in a car when it hit a guard rail on Riverview Drive, went down an embankment into the icy Mississippi River at about 7:30 a.m. on Sunday.
When rescue crews pulled the car out of the water around noon on Sunday, they found two bodies inside. Christina Lee Hauser, 36, of Winona, and Patrick Erickson, 30, died in the crash. Sheriff Dave Brand said Erickson's driver's license said he was from Chatfield, but he was living in Lewiston.
Hauser and Erickson were believed to have been traveling with two other male passengers when they left a Winona tavern just before 1:30 a.m. on Sunday. The two people still missing from the crash are Andrew Peter Kingsbury, 29, of St. Charles and Blake Eric Overland, 28, of Stewartville.
On Monday afternoon, Sheriff Brand said rescue crews found the body of a third person. That person has not been identified yet,
Sheriff Brand said the Carver County Sheriff Rescue Team is helping Winona County with this incident on Monday.
- Lawmaker wants Milwaukee County sheriff removed
- State Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- 3 adults, 1 child fall through ice on Sauk County lake
- Woman's purse taken while downtown; man arrested
- Woman suffers broken nose from fruit thrown from balcony
- Glass packaging flaw prompts beer recall