RACINE, Wi - A third child has died from a Racine house fire.
Michael Scott Jr. told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel that his 7-year-old nephew Michael Scott was pronounced dead Friday.
The boy's sisters, Dayja, 9, and Dalijah, 8, died Thursday.
Fire officials said firefighters pulled four unconscious children from a first-floor bedroom about 1 a.m. Thursday.
The uncle said the fourth sibling, Luther Patterson, 5, remains at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin and is progressing.
The fire is believed to have started in a bathroom but the cause is still being investigated.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say