MARION, Wis. - A grieving Shawano County family is coping with three difficult losses in three days.
A WLUK-TV report said a 90-year-old husband and wife died separately within about a day of each other. Then their home was burglarized.
The couple's children say it was tough enough losing their parents, but it was especially shocking to hear of the robbery.
Eldore and Malinda Mielke were married for 68 years. They both came down with the flu last week. Eldore died Monday and Malinda died Tuesday.
Their daughter, Sue Anderson, says her parents' town of Marion home was burglarized Wednesday. She says the thieves took her parents' wills and deeds, along with cash and coins.
She says she's still in shock that there are people out there who could stoop so low. The family has set up a reward fund for anyone with information on this crime.
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral