MARION, Wis. - A grieving Shawano County family is coping with three difficult losses in three days.
A WLUK-TV report said a 90-year-old husband and wife died separately within about a day of each other. Then their home was burglarized.
The couple's children say it was tough enough losing their parents, but it was especially shocking to hear of the robbery.
Eldore and Malinda Mielke were married for 68 years. They both came down with the flu last week. Eldore died Monday and Malinda died Tuesday.
Their daughter, Sue Anderson, says her parents' town of Marion home was burglarized Wednesday. She says the thieves took her parents' wills and deeds, along with cash and coins.
She says she's still in shock that there are people out there who could stoop so low. The family has set up a reward fund for anyone with information on this crime.
- Complaint: 14-year-old's father finds sexual assault suspect in closet
- Attempt to drill into SUV gas tank ignites fuel, MFD says
- New Glarus man stopped for expired vehicle registration faces 6th OWI
- Man robbed at gunpoint in parking lot, police say
- Bicyclist injured in collision with Buick, fire officials say
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing