JUNEAU, Wis. - Deputies in Dodge and Fond du Lac counties believe two pursuits that ended in crashes in Dodge County Saturday and Sunday are connected to three stolen vehicles.
Dodge County deputies assisted in a pursuit at 10:33 p.m. Saturday on Highway 175 as deputies from Fond du Lac County were chasing a vehicle reported stolen in Berlin. The vehicle crashed near County Road Y and County Road YY and the driver escaped on foot, according to a release.
At 1 a.m. on Sunday, there was another pursuit from Fond du Lac to Dodge County on Highway 151 and going through Beaver Dam before ending in a crash in the town of Trenton, deputies said. The driver escaped on foot into a corn field. Deputies later learned the vehicle involved in the second pursuit was also stolen.
While responding to the vehicle owner's home, a third vehicle was discovered stolen in Fond du Lac County.
Deputies said at 7:58 p.m. Saturday, a homeowner near the scene of the second crash reported someone broke into his home and stolen a gun, ammunition and a vehicle.
Officials said they believe the cases are related. A person of interest is under investigation.
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say