JUNEAU, Wis. - Deputies in Dodge and Fond du Lac counties believe two pursuits that ended in crashes in Dodge County Saturday and Sunday are connected to three stolen vehicles.
Dodge County deputies assisted in a pursuit at 10:33 p.m. Saturday on Highway 175 as deputies from Fond du Lac County were chasing a vehicle reported stolen in Berlin. The vehicle crashed near County Road Y and County Road YY and the driver escaped on foot, according to a release.
At 1 a.m. on Sunday, there was another pursuit from Fond du Lac to Dodge County on Highway 151 and going through Beaver Dam before ending in a crash in the town of Trenton, deputies said. The driver escaped on foot into a corn field. Deputies later learned the vehicle involved in the second pursuit was also stolen.
While responding to the vehicle owner's home, a third vehicle was discovered stolen in Fond du Lac County.
Deputies said at 7:58 p.m. Saturday, a homeowner near the scene of the second crash reported someone broke into his home and stolen a gun, ammunition and a vehicle.
Officials said they believe the cases are related. A person of interest is under investigation.
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral
- Ryan meets in Janesville with police chiefs from across US
- Review: MSO, APT craft annual 'Beyond the Score' concert
- Pickup truck, car fall through ice on 2 Dodge County lakes
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion