MADISON, Wis. - A rash of thefts from unlocked vehicles is prompting the Dane County Sheriff's Office to alert citizens.
A deputy working in the town of Burke took four calls Tuesday and over the last two weeks, deputies said several thefts from vehicles were reported in the town of Bristol.
In all incidents, the thieves got into the vehicle through an unlocked door and took small electronics and cash.
Deputies said even though the thefts took place in the northeast part of the county, it's a good reminder to everyone to lock their doors.
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend