MADISON, Wis. - A rash of thefts from unlocked vehicles is prompting the Dane County Sheriff's Office to alert citizens.
A deputy working in the town of Burke took four calls Tuesday and over the last two weeks, deputies said several thefts from vehicles were reported in the town of Bristol.
In all incidents, the thieves got into the vehicle through an unlocked door and took small electronics and cash.
Deputies said even though the thefts took place in the northeast part of the county, it's a good reminder to everyone to lock their doors.
- Pedestrian killed in Walworth County crash
- Thousands participate in Madison March for Science
- Friends, family send off 85 National Guard members
- Body pulled out of Kinnickinnic River in Milwaukee
- Signs go up in Racine marking Frank Lloyd Wright Trail
- DNR: Alcohol may be involved in Lake Wisconsin boat crash